Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On The Rim of Tracktion

Well I made this video some time ago but it seem all too pertain today. Kings Cross ovcx #1 was racing on a banana for tire grip. And ovcx #2 @ Fisherman's Park, will have a lot of off camber falling off to the right. Witch brings a lot of technical steering at high speeds. I have highlighted some common issue's with other racing here in the video. Please pause to read video. Sorry had to make it fit.

I have found that my ft tire is maximized if you inflate to:
.165(racer's wt.+bike wt.)= Ft. Tire PSI
.18(racer's wt.+bike wt.)=R. Tire PSI

3 comments:

  1. Love it!

    And the formula pegged what I had been told by another experienced rider of a similar weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any thoughts on a varience to the formula based on slope/gradient? Any ideas. I figure like suspension you set your tires for the most demanding spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! most demanding spot needs to be looked at. I am trying to figure how you can adjust for tire size. I have based measurements off, 32c Tubular's "most common size". And I should say that clinchers are a hole different boat.

    ReplyDelete