Friday, November 20, 2009

Fast Road Bikes

So I was noticing a new DVD we had rolling down at the shop today. A long flick of the 7th tour win by none other than Mr. Livestong himself. Thing is, we still have a few cross races left, but I found my mind wandering to the hot early summer days of road and crit racing, and although it is many months off, it kicked in my motivation to play with my road bike and stop fiddling with the muddy nasty heavy thing I have been lugging around the mud track so far this year. Ya, ya, ya, cross is still pretty awesome, but the pain from a cross race takes a toll, and I am ready for an all out sprint and the feeling of yo-yoing from back to front in that always awesome Norton Commons crit race. Plus all the BS coming from all the politics of the cross stuff is kinda tapping me out. I mean, I will fight as much needed, but this one is kind of a blind battle at this point, as the people talking won't share the "super secret" plan, which I see as just a line of BS to leverage certian people to speak over others. Guess I am just a little bummed that after all is said and done, there is still no concrete to fall back on and I am ready to get out and start riding again.

No comments:

Post a Comment